He specialises in eyelid problems including droopy and lax eyelids, eyelid lumps/tumours and eyelid reconstructive surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, orbital tumours, orbital decompression surgery, and both surgical (blepharoplasty) and non-surgical eyelid rejuvenation treatments.
Areas of Expertise
- Cosmetic Eyelid/Brow Surgery – Blepharoplasty (eyebag and excess skin removal), Eyebrow Lifts including Endoscopic Brow Lifts, Mid-Face Lifts, Structural Fat Grafting (Coleman Fat Injections), Microfat Grafting, and Fat Pearl Grafting
- Tear Trough Rejuvenation
- Ptosis Surgery (surgery for droopy upper eyelids)
- Entropion/Ectropion Surgery
- Eyelid/Periocular Tumour Surgery
- Eyelid/Facial Skin Lumps
- Eyelid & Orbital Reconstruction following Trauma
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- Orbital Decompression Surgery
- Orbital Tumours
- Socket Reconstructive surgery including Hydroxyapatite (Coral) Implants
- Eyelid and Eyebrow Surgery following Facial Palsy
- Watering Eye Surgery including Endoscopic DCR/Lester Jones Tube Surgery
- Reconstruction of Mohs Micrographic Surgery defects
- Anti-wrinkle Injections
- Dermal Filler Injections for Eyelid/Facial Rejuvenation
He graduated from University College Galway, Ireland, in 1998, before completing his internal medicine training in St. Vincent’s Hospital, Dublin and obtained membership of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland. He completed his ophthalmic training in a number of centres, including Sunderland, Newcastle-upon- Tyne and Manchester. He qualified as a Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in 2010. He completed specialist oculoplastic training fellowships in two of the most internationally renowned centres of excellence: the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia (2009) and the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital (2010).
He is a member of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS), the European Society of Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ESOPRS), and the North of England Ophthalmological Society. He has published several scientific papers on a variety of oculoplastic topics in peer reviewed medical journals.