I have a busy aesthetics practice at my private clinic Face & Eye in South Manchester, supported by experienced aesthetic nurse practitioners. The clinic can be contacted on: 0161 947 2720 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The clinic is close to Manchester airport and easily accessible via the motorway network and by train. I also have a busy medicolegal practice, acting as an expert witness, producing over 150 specialist reports per annum for solicitors. I undertake reports for both plaintiffs and defendants. I undertake consultations for expert witness reports both at my clinic Face & Eye in Manchester. My medicolegal secretary is Stephanie Mallon. She can be contacted on 07854 629527 or at email@example.com*
Areas of Expertise
- Cosmetic Eyelid/Brow Surgery – Blepharoplasty (eyebag and excess skin removal), Eyebrow Lifts including Endoscopic Brow Lifts, Mid-Face Lifts, Structural Fat Grafting (Coleman Fat Injections), Microfat Grafting, and Fat Pearl Grafting
- Tear Trough Rejuvenation
- Ptosis Surgery (surgery for droopy upper eyelids)
- Entropion/Ectropion Surgery
- Eyelid/Periocular Tumour Surgery
- Eyelid/Facial Skin Lumps
- Eyelid & Orbital Reconstruction following Trauma
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- Orbital Decompression Surgery
- Orbital Tumours
- Socket Reconstructive surgery including Hydroxyapatite (Coral) Implants
- Eyelid and Eyebrow Surgery following Facial Palsy
- Watering Eye Surgery including Endoscopic DCR/Lester Jones Tube Surgery
- Reconstruction of Mohs Micrographic Surgery defects
- Anti-wrinkle Injections
- Dermal Filler Injections for Eyelid/Facial Rejuvenation
I graduated from Manchester Medical School in 1982. I trained in general ophthalmology at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital before undertaking subspecialty training fellowships in oculoplastic surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London and and in oculoplastic, orbital and lacrimal surgery at the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA, where I also gained experience with plastic surgeons, neurosurgeons, ENT surgeons, maxillo-facial surgeons and dermatological surgeons.
I am the single author of the major textbook ‘OCULOPLASTIC SURGERY‘ (1st edition published by Martin Dunitz, 2002, the second edition published by Informa Healthcare, December 2010). The 3rd edition is currently in preparation.
I was the Section Editor for oculoplastic and orbital surgery for EYE, the scientific journal of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, for over 15 years.
I was the founder Treasurer of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS) (www.BOPSS.co.uk) 2001-2006. I am a former President of BOPSS (2011-14).
I am also a member of:
- The European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons (ESOPRS)
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
I am an inter-specialty member of BAAPS, the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (www.BAAPS.org.uk ) in recognition of my expertise in aesthetic eyelid surgery and the management of other surgeons’ complications of such surgery.
I ran an internationally renowned sub-specialty training fellowship in oculoplastic, orbital and lacrimal surgery for over 20 years, training surgeons from around the world.
I have over 100 publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals and I have contributed 6 book chapters, including a chapter on blepharoplasty (cosmetic eyelid surgery) in the major textbook Scott-Browns Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery 8th Edition CRC Press 2018. I have presented scientific papers, given lectures and run courses in many countries including the United States, Sweden, Germany, France, Italy, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Click on BL publications for a list of my medical journal publications covering the period 1986-2016.
My practice is also supported at my clinic by Mrs Rebecca Rietdyke (Becky), specialist optometrist, at the optometry practice “Eye2C Optometry”. Click here to find out more about the optometry practice. Becky has recently acquired Maloneys opticians in Sale, Manchester and can also see patients there – https://www.facebook.com/maloneyopticianssale/.