I specialise in eyelid problems including droopy and lax eyelids, eyelid lumps/tumours and eyelid reconstructive surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, orbital tumours, orbital decompression surgery, and both surgical (blepharoplasty) and non-surgical eyelid rejuvenation treatments.
Areas of Expertise
- Cosmetic Eyelid/Brow Surgery – Blepharoplasty (eyebag and excess skin removal), Eyebrow Lifts including Endoscopic Brow Lifts, Mid-Face Lifts, Structural Fat Grafting (Coleman Fat Injections), Microfat Grafting, and Fat Pearl Grafting
- Tear Trough Rejuvenation
- Ptosis Surgery (surgery for droopy upper eyelids)
- Entropion/Ectropion Surgery
- Eyelid/Periocular Tumour Surgery
- Eyelid/Facial Skin Lumps
- Eyelid & Orbital Reconstruction following Trauma
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- Orbital Decompression Surgery
- Orbital Tumours
- Socket Reconstructive surgery including Hydroxyapatite (Coral) Implants
- Eyelid and Eyebrow Surgery following Facial Palsy
- Watering Eye Surgery including Endoscopic DCR/Lester Jones Tube Surgery
- Reconstruction of Mohs Micrographic Surgery defects
- Anti-wrinkle Injections
- Dermal Filler Injections for Eyelid/Facial Rejuvenation
I graduated from University College Galway, Ireland, in 1998, before completing my internal medicine training in St. Vincent’s Hospital, Dublin and obtained membership of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland. I completed my ophthalmic training in a number of centres, including Sunderland, Newcastle-upon- Tyne and Manchester. I qualified as a Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in 2010. I completed specialist oculoplastic training fellowships in two of the most internationally renowned centres of excellence: the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia (2009) and the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital (2010).
I am a member of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS), the European Society of Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ESOPRS), and the North of England Ophthalmological Society. I have published several scientific papers on a variety of oculoplastic topics in peer reviewed medical journals.